Profitero Ltd is inviting BigData Engineer to join our product team that is creating a next-generation eCommerce intelligence service for retailers and manufacturers. We will be happy to welcome new team members who are not afraid of non-trivial tasks, can offer non-standard technical solutions, and take initiative.
About the project:
We help our clients predict online sales on Amazon. Working on a project involves the following tasks:
- Data processing, analysis, and search for anomalies in large data arrays using the Big Data stack.
- Optimization of the existing data conversion system. Study and implementation of modern data processing tools.
- Design, support distributed software for collecting, processing, and storing large amounts of data.
- Design and build scalable and resilient Data & Analytics solutions
- Integrating solutions with other components of the system
- Design and development of Data pipelines
- Designing data models
- Engaging in proof of concepts and experiments
- Participate in overall testing and production maintenance
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Python or Scala or Java with a minimum of 2+ years of practical experience in data engineering
- Strong knowledge of Apache Spark and Airflow.
- Solid understanding of SQL, Snowflake is a plus
- Some experience with Clickhouse is a big advantage
- Some experience with Docker is a big advantage
- Solid understanding of data models and data pipeline design
- Experience developing solutions in a Cloud environment is a plus
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Ability to speak English fluently
- A natural interest in modern data processing technologies and the ability to learn new things
- Passion to get into the development process quickly and deliver good quality code
- Engagement in the refinement of the product backlog with business representatives
Nice to have:
- Understanding of distributed architecture features and challenges
- Understanding of CI/CD and DevOps methodologies
- Experience working in the orchestration environment (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience in implementing projects & solutions using AWS Stack (S3, Glue, EMR, EKS and etc)
- Knowledge of real-time streaming platforms (RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka and etc)
- Working on the company's own product highly demanded worldwide, one of the industry leaders in the e-commerce analytics segment
- Our vacancy implies a remote work
- Corporate Medical Insurance (fully covered by the company)
- Vacation (20 working days during the year)
- Paid sick leave (80% of your daily base salary)
- 4 days for recovery without a sick leave document during the year (80% of your daily base salary)
- Professional development opportunities covered by the company (seminars, training, conferences, etc.)
- Individual sports activities compensation (50%)
- Car parking compensation (50%)
- English classes compensation (up to 50 USD per month)
- Modern and comfortable office in the city center (Business Centre "Royal Plaza")
- Regular corporate events and team-building activities
Profitero is developing one of the world's leading e-commerce analytics services. We collect information and analyze it using complex mathematical models and machine learning. Every day we gather information from more than half a billion product pages.
Profitero provides global manufacturers with critical eCommerce insights, helping to enhance their online sales and market positioning. We deliver key online metrics, including pricing, product content quality, search ranking, the share of online shelf and promotions, in any country, and from any online or multichannel retailer. We work with such world brands as Adidas, Affinity, Barilla, Beiersdorf, Heineken, L'Oréal, etc.
Welcome to Profitero! Truly challenging, but incredibly exciting to be a part of Profitero team! :)