Director of Media Relations
Locations: Boston, MA
Profitero is a leading global SaaS company that provides actionable eCommerce insights to 4,000 consumer brands, including Adidas, Kraft-Heinz, L’Oreal and General Mills. Using our daily data and analytics, brands can optimize their assortment, content, search placement, pricing and reviews across 600+ retailer websites spanning 50+ countries, helping them outgrow competitors by 70%, on average.
News outlets, including Good Morning America, The Wall Street Journal and Ad Age frequently cite and trust Profitero as a source of data for their stories. With $20 million in new capital raised in 2020, we’re ready to take our company to new heights and revolutionize eCommerce in the process.
As Director of Media Relations, you will be responsible for ensuring that Profitero’s data, insights and executive experts are getting continual coverage in top tier business publications and trade press so we are perceived as THE industry authority on eCommerce. You will also maximize our visibility on our “owned” social media channels.
Who you are:
● You’re excellent at coming up with new story ideas, trends and angles and love pitching them to the press
● You have experience with using data and research to tell compelling press-worth stories
● Superb relationship management, executive presence and communication skills, with a sense of urgency and thoughtfulness. Proven ability to anticipate, provide and debate solutions to complicated issues and be capable of presenting in a clear and compelling manner
● Thrives in a high intensity environment with multiple and competing priorities
● BA or MBA in Journalism, PR, Marketing, Communications or related field
● 5-7 years of corporate PR / Communications experience in the b2b space. E-Commerce, data, analytics or technology highly preferred
● Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization
● Exceptional written and verbal business communication skills
What you'll do:
● Drive global brand recognition and awareness through developing and executing a comprehensive PR strategy, maximizing high-level placements in appropriate media outlets, including acting as point of contact for all media inquiries and interview requests
● Cultivate and nurture media and analyst relations within the e-commerce industry
● Pitch and author byline articles
● Prepare and distribute press releases and other media communications
● Monitor, analyze and communicate PR & social media results on a monthly basis, and continuously refine to optimize results
Why you want to work at Profitero:
We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the financial and entrepreneurial success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience.
Profitero is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration for employment. Profitero recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics as required by applicable law.
Your application was submitted successfully.