VP, Strategy Advisory
Profitero is a leading global SaaS commerce platform that uses predictive intelligence to help brands anticipate, activate and automate their next best action to fuel profitable growth. Our technology monitors 70 million products daily, across 700 retailers and 50 countries, helping brands optimize search placement, product content, pricing, stock availability, reviews and more. News outlets, including Good Morning America, The Wall Street Journal and Ad Age frequently cite and trust Profitero as a source of data for their stories.
Now’s an exciting time to join our fast-growth business.
Profitero has recently joined Publicis Groupe (a $13 billion global marketing services and technology company) as a standalone commerce division, infusing our business with significant product development resources and investment. while giving our employees an incredible launchpad for their careers. Profitero’s tech and data combined with Publicis’ tech, data and activation services positions us to be a true end-to-end partner for helping brands maximize eCommerce market share and profits.
Come be a part of our fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture and next stage of growth.
As the global leader of our Strategy Consulting group, you will be responsible for leading and continuing to build the team that develops strategic consulting projects in support of some of the largest brands in the world. You will apply your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and team leadership skills from day one. Your scope will be global, your work will directly impact revenue and will be of critical importance to Profitero’s strategic initiatives. This role will enable you to work directly with clients to help them solve some of their most pressing business challenges. You will report to the SVP of our Global Advisory team and be a key member of the Advisory leadership team, helping to shape and execute our strategic vision.
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of relevant work experience at a strategy consulting firm and / or brand or retailer, within eCommerce, Corporate Strategy, or Marketing
- Effective leader of teams, ideally within client services, and ability to coach and train junior employees
- Motivated to solve some of the consumer products industry’s most complex and interesting challenges within Commerce
- Technically proficient with a proven ability to simplify complex data/technology concepts and communicate succinctly
- You want to be part of a growing team with visibility and access to Profitero’s leadership
- Intellectually curious and eager to become an eCommerce expert or build on your eCommerce / brand expertise
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, MBA a plus but not required
- High level of EQ; you can put yourself in a client’s shoes and operate accordingly
- Excel at working across teams and motivating people with different agendas to achieve common goals
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with obsession for collaborating, learning, improving and results
- Strong consulting, storyboarding and design skills
- Excellent project management demonstrated by ability to organize work streams, estimate and deliver on timelines
- A strategic thinker but also a doer (enjoy rolling up your sleeves to execute)
- You have a high "do to say" ratio
- You are incredibly organized, accountable and process-oriented
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of Managers & Consultants to scope and deliver custom strategy projects
- Partner with our SVP of Global Advisory to shape the strategic vision of our Consulting Practice, including developing new business lines and managing P&L
- Guide leading, global brands on their eCommerce strategy. This includes organizational design, assortment strategy, enhancing ways of working, training and educating on eCommerce, and more!
- Oversee the work of Engagement Managers, ensuring output meets high quality standards and continuously raising the bar for both our clients & staff
- Oversee the planning and execution of eCommerce strategy projects, including clear and actionable recommendations
- Work closely with clients, including leading presentations and workshops to train or educate teams
- Drive innovative thinking and ensure that Profitero is on the cutting edge of eCommerce
- Be a critical leader of a growing team to help shape our strategic focus
It would be nice if you:
- Previously worked at a strategy consulting firm
- Live in Boston or be willing to travel to Boston ~monthly for in-person collaboration
Why you want to work at Profitero:
We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience.
- Be part of a company on forefront of eCommerce revolution where you will learn a lot and be a catalyst to turbo-charging your skills, experience and career
- Smart, genuine and cool people work here
- Competitive salary
- Generous people-forward health/dental/vision benefits package
- 401k Match
- Flexible vacation & time off